Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

On my way ..

.. and doing it differently.  I have began and ended more diets and exercise routines that I care to name.  And ya know what?  I'm tired.  And I don't care to buy into anymore hype or quick fixes.  

A little under a year ago I made a promise to myself to create a life I love to live.  No small task.  This past year I have worked incredibly hard to find and create that life. I have switched jobs/industries, built relationships with INCREDIBLE people, began journaling and really started to tackle some mental/physical/time obstacles.  I also had hoped to lose a bunch of weight during that time.  But I realized in the midst of all this change something had to give, and unfortunately my weight took the back seat. 

But now, a year ish later... a healthy authentic lifestyle can and will be a TOP priorityAnd that is a beautiful thing.

Now.. what am I going to do differently? 
  • # ONE) I am not going to have a some EPIC start day
    • By epic I mean "I'm starting on MONDAY and I will never look at bread, pasta or anything with one ounce of fat in it EVER again"
    • I don’t want to have that "this is my last meal the night before the epic day" feeling like I’m going to the chair..  
This is not a death sentence... 
it is a life worth living sentence

So what am I doing instead of that insanity!? I’m just easing in to it.. but this does not mean I will be haphazard and scatter brained with no goals.  Once I decided my health was going to be a true top priority last week I started making better choices that day and I continue to.  I am going to gradually add fitness, add calorie counting, and subtract the negatives (all of which I will share here)

  • # TWO) I am not going to go from a glorified couch potato to a vegan triathlete overnight
    • This goes back to the easing into it that I referenced earlier.
    • By the end of a year of weight loss and healthy living you can bet your pretty little face that I will be counting every calorie, running all over the place and have more energy than I know what to with.  But Day 365 isn't Day 1.  
    • I can't change every single thing I do regarding health, eating and exercise in 35 seconds so I am not going to try and set myself up to fail.
 What will I be doing? Setting (achievable) goals,  making focused intentional changes and being proud of the small things.
  • # THREE) I am not weighing myself for the 1st month
    • In recent history, all of my attempts at weight loss have fizzled after the 1st weigh in for several reasons:
      • 1. I lose LESS than I think I should have (total bummer, shall I be Sad Sally or Negative Nancy for the next week?)
      • 2. I lose MORE than I think I would have (free pass to eat whatever I want right?!)
      • 3. I lose EXACTLY what I thought I would (OMG- I must know everything there is to know about weight loss - duh - this whole thing is going to be a breeze)
      • ALL OUTCOMES RESULT IN: me doing something ridiculous and sabotaging myself.
        • Please note: I will weigh myself tomorrow (8/21) and then not weigh in again until the last week of September.
Simply put: I can't have any of those outcomes this time.  So 30 days without the scale's feedback will be hard but worth it.

So you are probably thinking: so what ARE your goals!?
The big one: 100 lbs down by September 1, 2012
(I haven't 100% figured out how I want to break 
it down but I will share once I do)


As for the rest... Still bouncing around ideas about the exact structure of this blog - What I hope for is to be brutally honest about my journey, talk about budget friendly meal options and share any and all other fabulous health, fitness, weight loss information I can. So excuse me while I fly by the seat of my pants for the next 2-ish weeks - I really wanted to jump in and make this blog happen!
 
I don't know who will read this - but I hope someone out there gets it and can relate. If that's you? Thanks for being hereSay hi / leave a comment / Stalk my blog for a  little while - just know I would love to hear from you and follow your journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment